About.com Occupational Therapy Expert
Ok..Ok.. the title feels a little grandiose, but other than that I am excited to undertake the role of the About.com Occupational Therapy Expert.
While building the Potential website over the past 9 months, I have worked hard to grow as a writer and researcher, with the intent of helping occupational therapists provide the best care possible.
Serving as a writer for About.com allows me to reach a new audience, the occupational therapy consumer.
Making quality information and resources available to consumers is vital to the occupational therapy process. I look forward to playing a role in this.
Interacting with fellow therapists is my favorite part of writing. Let me know your ideas for future posts and, really, any input you might have.
My first 8 posts for About.com
- What is Occupational Therapy?
- What are ADLs and IADLS?
- What Can a COTA Do For You?
- What to Expect During an OT Evaluation
- Why Hand Strength Matters More Than You May Think
- The ABCs of Occupational Therapy Speciality Certifications and Credentials
- 8 Questions to Ask Your Occupational Therapist
- Prepare Your Home (And Your Mind) For Hip Replacement