OT Student Fieldwork Manual
OT Student Fieldwork Manual
The AOTA recommends that all fieldwork sites create an OT student fieldwork manual when hosting level 2 students, but the process can be daunting for busy occupational therapists.
This digital download fast tracks your completion of a comprehensive level II OT fieldwork manual that includes all of the recommended content.
The ready-to-go content is designed to provide fieldwork educators and students a clear roadmap for the 12 weeks. The expectations and communication channels set forth in it are intended to safeguard you and the student if something is not working at the site.
The document is fully editable so you can customize it to your site.
- Digital Download: Please download within 24 hours of accessing link.
- Format: PDF and Editable Word document (.docx)
- Published: December 2016
- 43 pages
With this purchase, you receive a site license for the OT fieldwork manual. Meaning that you (and any OTs at your site) can continue to use this document as you welcome new students over the years. If you begin work at a new facility, please consider repurchasing.
The editable version offered is currently in Word for Mac. If you need another format, email me and I can try to export it for you.
If you are unable to edit the fieldwork manual as needed or if you are simply unsatisfied with the product, email me for a full refund at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A glance at the content:
- Week-to-Week Schedule of Student Responsibilities
- Student and Fieldwork Educator Expectations Agreement
- Weekly Supervision Log
- Learning Contract and Behavioral Objectives
- Journal for Learning Objectives Processing and Personal Reflection
- Suggested Assignments
The envisioned steps for using this fieldwork manual:
- Review content and edit as needed for your site.
- Print, put in a binder, and add dividers.
- In the Documentation section, add available examples and information.
- In the Policies section, add materials necessary for review.
- In the Evaluations section, include the AOTA Fieldwork Performance Evaluation (typically provided by the school) and the Level II Fieldwork Midterm Feedback Form.
About the Creator
Sarah Lyon, OTR/L
The release of this manual is the achievement of a dream of mine. I remember squeezing the time in between patients to create a fieldwork manual from scratch and dreaming of a website where I could share resources with other OTs so we could all focus on what we love most: great client care.
I've spent several years building this site to (hopefully) be a reliable resource for fellow OTs. It was a huge learning curve to create a website and digital products. Thank you to those who have supported me along the way!
Comments and Reviews
Please Leave Your Review and Feedback Here
(I would love to keep improving this product over time, so let me know what you think would be helpful!)